File:World War II.jpg
Montage for the World War II Main Page in Wikipedia
This is a montage image I created for the World War II Main Page in Wikipedia. This was done because there was a consensus among users that the previous picture of the Nagasaki bomb was not adequate. The image is a montage of other pictures found in Wikimedia.
Notes on the pictures used in the montage:
- Top: Allied landing on D-Day 1944 (no photo number & photographer unknown according to US Coast Guard)
- Left Upper: German police entering the city Imst in Tyrol/Austria National Archives, source: http://www.temple.edu/history/amhist2images.html
- Right Upper: The Gate of Auschwitz (Photographer: Jochen Zimmermann License: CC Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Austria)
- Left Lower: The Nagasaki atom bomb 1945 (from US archives, photographer unknown)
- Right Lower: The Soviet flag over the Reichstag in Berlin 1945 (Photograph by Jewgeni Chaldej (Yevgeny Khaldei))
If you wish to contact me, please leave a message on my talk page.
Regards, Dennis Nilsson, Sweden.
Information om bilderna i montaget:
- Överst: Allierad landstigning på D-Dagen 1944
- Övre vänster: Tysk polis anländer till staden Imst i Österrike
- Övre höger: Ingången till Auschwitz
- Nedre vänster: Atombomben över Nagasaki 1945
- Nedre höger: Sovjetiska flaggan över riksdagshuset i Berlin 1945
|Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2 or any later version published by the Free Software Foundation; with no Invariant Sections, no Front-Cover Texts, and no Back-Cover Texts. A copy of the license is included in the section entitled "GNU Free Documentation License".|
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||13:14, 4 June 2009||438 × 599 (55 KB)||Jack Phoenix|
- You cannot overwrite this file.