Administrators, or sysops, are users who can edit any page or do certain tasks that a normal user cannot do, such as banning vandals. They also leave messages for users, telling them about their mistakes or correcting them. Administrators are selected on an as-needed basis only. As WarWiki expands, more administrators may be needed to assist in its operation. There are no official criteria to become an administrator, however there are a few basic guidelines. When an administrator is needed, one will be selected from the rest of the users who:
- Has had an account on WarWiki for some time
- Is an active contributor. This includes creating or uploading many different maintenance templates
- Has no history of vandalism or abuse of WarWiki
Again, Administrators are only selected when one is needed. When this occurs, the current Admins will let the rest of the users know. Until then, it is safe to assume that WarWiki is operating smoothly as it is.
Administrators at WarWiki have the following privileges and responsibilities:
- Protecting pages. Admins can protect pages from further changes in cases of vandalism or content disputes. This should happen only in certain rare circumstances.
- Deletion and undeletion. Admins can delete and restore pages and images from WarWiki.
- Block and unblock. Admins can ban users from contributing to WarWiki, either for a specific amount of time, or indefinitely. WarWiki has a zero tolerance policy on vandalism.
- MediaWiki namespace. Admins may edit the protected pages in the MediaWiki namespace. These pages are used to define the text and style of the user interface.
Current list of administrators
Requests for adminship
The requests for adminship can be found on WarWiki:Requests for adminship.
This page incorporates elements of Wiki 24:Administrators.